WooCommerce - Payment Gateway Discount and Fees extension for WooCommerce allows you to define discount or fees for all payment gateways. On checkout discount or fees will be applied based on choosen payment gateway
When adding discount or fees, you have 2 options. You can add a fixed amount to the transaction, or a percentage amount to the transaction. In the case of percentages, the amount charged is calculated against the order total.
Plugin is very useful when you want to offer discount on some payment gateway and want to add extra fees on some payment gateways. You can easily set discount and fees for payment gateways.
You can also limit discount or fees by setting minimum and maximum cart value. There is also rouding option if you want to round the discount or fees.
It's useful for COD payment gateway, in example, since WooCommerce does not allow this by default. You can change quickly the fee in the admin panel too
Here you will find the main features of Plugin.
- Easy to customize, setup and use.
- Add discount or extra fees based on selected payment gateway.
- Minimum cart amount option to apply discount or extra fees.
- Maximum cart amount option to apply discount or extra fees.
- Customizable discount or extra fees text on checkout page.
- Flat or Percentage based discount or fees.
- Rounding your discount or fees with precision option.
- Option to set discount or fees as taxable with taxable class.
- Translation Ready.
Installation of Plugin
- The installation of the plugin is just like any other plugin installation for WordPress. Login to your WordPress site and go to Plugins > Add New.
- At the Install Plugins Page click on Upload from the top navigation and then click on browse.
- Go to the location on your computer where you saved the downloaded plugin zip file and upload this zipped file. You need to unzip the file first to get the plugin zip file.
- Now click on Install Now.
- Wait until WordPress has uploaded the file. If it's done click on Activate Plugin.
- Now you should see a message 'Plugin activated' at the top of the window.
Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Gateway Discount & Fees
On the General tab, you will see all payment gateway list, with the status of discount/fees is enabled for it or not. you can directly click on payment gateway to edit their settings.
Besides General Tab, You will see all payment gateways tab, you can define discount/fees for each of the payment gateways. Here are the settings for Direct Bank Transfer payment gateway. All payment gateway settings will be the same.
Enable Direct Bank Transfer
Check this box, to make discount/fee enable. If you don't check this then none of the settings will work.
Discount Or Fees
Select one of the option. By default Discount is selected. If you want to add extra charge, then you can select Fees.
Discount Or Fees Amount
Enter the amount that you want to offer for discount/fees
Type of discount or fees
There is two option for type of discount/fees. You can set Flat discount/fees OR Pecentage based discount/fees.
Enter the text that you want to display when discount/fees is applied on checkout page. You can also use
Shortcode is used to display Discount/fees amount.
Minimum cart amount for adding discount/fee
You can limit the discount/fee. Here you can set minimum value that should be in cart for applying discount/fee.
Maximum cart amount for adding discount/fee
You can limit the discount/fee. Cart value should not exceed maximum cart value for applying discount/fee.
Check this box, if you want to enable rounding for applied discount/fee.
If you have enabled rounding, then you can set rounding precision here.
Check this box, if you want applied discout/fees as taxable
If you have enabled Taxable, then you can set Tax class here.
What the customer sees
The extension modifies the frontend in the following ways:
$10 Flat Discount for Cash on Delivery
5% Fee for cheque Payment with Rounding
Can't find the answer you are looking for?
If you have any questions that are which are not listed in documentation, Feel free to get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org